Who we are
We are Forward Partners Venture Advance Ltd (Forward Advances, we, our, us) and we take seriously protecting your privacy. We are the “controller” and responsible for your personal data under data protection law.
If you want more information about how we handle personal data, or want to exercise your rights under data protection law or make a complaint please contact our data privacy manager using the details below.
Forward Partners Venture Advance Limited
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal address: Commercial Unit 2 Aurora Building, 124 East Road, London, United Kingdom, N1 6FD
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). Before contacting the ICO we would like the chance to deal with your concerns so please contact us first.
Our website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. If you click on those links or enable those connections this may let third parties collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for what they do with your personal data.
You and your personal data
We do not provide services to individuals only to businesses [that are limited companies]. We refer to those businesses and any individual within them who have the authority to deal with us as “you”.
When you share personal data with us which is not about you but about another individual e.g. an employee, director or owner you confirm you have their permission to do so and that they understand how we will use their personal data.
Personal data, or personal information, is information about an individual which can identify who that person is. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
Information we collect
and hold about you
We get information about you in a number of different ways.
Direct Interactions this is information that has come directly from you such as:
- our own records of your shareholders (and any beneficial owners), suppliers and companies you use or deal with
- directors, partners, beneficial owners, signatories or employees in your business
- people you have appointed to act on your behalf
Information from our website:
- Details you give when you apply for funding like your name, home address, date of birth, email, phone number, geographical location, ID, photograph.
- Details about your business such as its size, industry, and financial information to check if it qualifies for funding.
- Your login details and the settings you choose for our website and your card so that you can use these securely.
- Your IP address for security reasons.
- Your device ID, which we may share with companies that help us with online advertising.
When you get in touch we collect information so we can answer your questions or help you like:
- The phone number you use to call us and the information you give us during the call (we record all calls).
- The email address you use and the contents of your email (and attachments).
When you use our services: we collect information to give you services which are safe and lawful and to improve them including:
- Details about payments you have made and money paid to you
- How you use our services
- How you use our website
- as part of our services or assessing an application from you we may require access to the platforms you use to run your business (such as banking, sales, advertising, and accounting) and use the data shared to determine eligibility and monitor performance
From external sources, these include third-party service providers and publicly available sources such as:
- Revenue Data from your payment providers
- Spend and campaign data from your advertising platforms
- Anti-Money Laundering and Know Your Customer service providers
- Companies House and the Electoral Register
- Fraud prevention agencies
- Experian credit reference agency
How and why we use
your personal data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Usually, we use your personal data in the following situations:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
In order to process your application, we will supply your business information to credit reference agencies (CRAs) and they will give us information about you, such as your financial history. We do this to assess creditworthiness and product suitability, check your identity, manage your account, trace and recover debts and prevent criminal activity. We will also continue to exchange information about you with CRAs on an ongoing basis, including your settled accounts and any debts not fully repaid on time. CRAs will share your information with other organisations. The identities of the CRAs, and the ways in which they use and share personal information, are explained in more detail at http://www.experian.co.uk/crain
Deleting your account
Should you wish to delete your account please do so through the dashboard or email email@example.com.